According to the ethics of Ayurveda, a Vaidya(Ayurveda physician) should not charge for medical advice but only for medicines. I personally believe that no sick person should be forced to pay for medical advice. If you opt for free consultation, please go through the following steps –
REMOVE THE CAUSE
According to Ayurveda, without removing the root cause of the diseases, you can never reach a permanent cure. Most of the time wrong diet, lifestyle habits and stress is the cause.
Here are some steps that can help you to remove most of the root causes. I request you to implement the advice given in the free resource as a first step towards Ayurvedic treatment. More than 80% of your health problems will disappear once the recommended Ayurvedic daily and seasonal routine is already in place.
In some places, I have recommended fruits, ghee and organic food. However, even if you are not able to afford them, it is perfectly fine. Please practice mindful eating in whatever you eat, because energy that comes from vigyanamaya kosha (seat of wisdom) or anandamaya kosha (seat of bliss) is what keeps us alive and you can be healthy without any fancy food.
In fact, not eating can make you healthier. Fasting has most amazing benefits, including cancer prevention.
Correct The Diet
- Try to eat only when hungry, unless you are very weak, or thin. This is a crucial advice for patients of all lifestyle disorders like diabetes, hypertension etc. For detailed explanation –
- Fast at least once a week.
- Go dinnerless (on the days when you are not fasting). This method works miracles in all kinds of Kapha related disorders like rhinitis, common cold, cough, sinusitis, tonsilitis etc. I personally practice this and it has helped me improve my health
- Ayurvedic Cooking Tips
- Eat Healthy
- How to Deal with Anorexia
- How to Deal with Constipation
- Ushapaan : Daily Ayurvedic Water Detox for beginners
- Understanding Constipation through Ayurveda
- Food for constipation (coming soon)
I will soon add more resources in this section. Please let me know if you want any specific topic to be covered.
I sincerely pray for your early recovery. Best wishes!