In earlier times, cloth was used for sanitary protection during the periods. But it serves as more than a sanitary protection; it is also a tool for prognosis of female reproduction and hormonal system disorders.
There is a simple diagnostic test for the reproductive health of a lady, based on the type of blood stains on cloth used during the periods.
This blood stained cloth when washed with water should not retain the blood spots. Almost all the blood should be washed away, without leaving any stain. It is important that blood stained cloth should be washed with only plain water. No soap or detergent should be used to clean the stains. Even dry blood stains should be washed away easily. If the blood sticks or leaves large spots, like regular blood, then it is an early prognosis of a disease.
Most women believe that the blood always sticks and form clots because clotting is its normal function. So there should be nothing wrong if the menstrual blood also forms stains on the cloth. But normal menstrual blood is different from the regular blood.
Menstrual blood does not comprise of elements responsible for coagulation. That is the reason that it does not coagulate neither in the body nor outside, thus ensuring smooth liquid flow. There are 3 components necessary for coagulation: prothrombin, thrombin and fibrinogen. They ideally should be absent in the menstrual blood. Instead menstrual blood contains many constituents which keep the blood thin. A large amount of anticoagulants are normally released during the flow of menstrual blood to prevent the clotting.
Stains formed on the cloth register the abnormal presence of coagulants in the menstrual blood, which if unchecked, set the stage for formation of clots later. They also indicate low supply of anticoagulants during the menstrual flow, inadequate to check the formation of the clots.
What are the diseases possibilities if the stains are formed on the cloth during menstruation?
- The next stage after stains is the clots, which grow in size and number if unchecked.
- Anaemia is another possible outcome.
- The stains also indicate an environment inviting for the uterine fibroids to be formed. Stains and clots indicate the excess of Kapha metabolism in the body, which encourages abnormal solid formations like tumours (fibroids) in the body.
- The stains are also an indication of the start of hormonal misbalance, which creates disharmony in entire reproductory system. It can lead to miscarriages also.
The value of prognosis is for early prevention of the disease. Therefore if you are finding major stains on the cloth used during the menstrual period, please use the following general blood cleansing treatment.
- 10 ml of Dashmooladi Kwath empty stomach early morning.
- If you practice drinking large amount of water early morning, take the medicine after ½ hour after drinking water for best results.
- There should be no food intake for next ½ hour after taking the medicine for best results. However kindly continue the medicine with food if the above rule is inconvenient.
- 10 ml of Ashokarishta after lunch.
- 1 Tsp of Triphala with water before bed. ( Triphala is a renowned medicine for constipation, but it works even better as a blood cleanser.)
Yoga is has amazing results in regaining mental physical and mental health.
5 Recommended and easy to practise Asana for healthy reproductive system are :
- Baddha Konasana
For more details on asana on female reproductive health, please go to following links :
For personalized preventive treatment according to Prakrati(body constitution) please contact on Kanikaverma625@gmail.com.
Jivem Shardah Shatam!